Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Battery dies in 2-4 days

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Laguna Battery dies in 2-4 days

I have a Laguna 1.9Dci dynamique...

One fine day the car refused to start up...had to call RAC..the guy asked me to lock and shut the car and checked the battery by disconnecting the positive lead off the battery (i am guessing it was a multi-meter or voltmeter but i am not sure) and said that there is some type of battery drain causing the battry to die..i thinks he said that the drain is about 1.5 amp.

The same day I gave the car for servicing...and the mechanic said that there was nothing wrong with the battery as he had charged the battery overnight and did checks.

4 days later the car repeated the same thing...and I had to call another mechanic...he attached the jump leads to my battery and the car started at first if nothing was ever wrong. So that evening, I gave the car to a place called ATC Euromaster..thinking that maybe the battery is faulty and needs to be changed. The next day when I went to pick up the car..the Mechanic from the ATC Euromaster said that, when he tried start the car in the started without any problems (I had driven the car for bout 1.3 miles the day bofore to the ATC after jump starting it)...and said that he ran his diagnostics and the Battery of the car is alright..and the fault may be electrical. I noticed one more thing....every time the car does this...the clock on the dash board resets itself..!!

I am really confused now to what is wrong with the I cant trust may refuse to start at anytime leaving me stranded in the middle of no where...

One more very wierd observation (its may be nothing..but just letting you guys know all that I can think of) ....both the times it had rained a bit before the car went dead.... but no problems happened after I had got the car cant be something to do with water...or can it..??

If some one has seen such a problem...pls share the solution with me or if someone can give me a educated analysis...and probable cause of the would be REALLY GREAT. As I plan to discuss these things with the next mechanic I take my car to...and want to sort this problem out once and for all.
Currently in 1sppandey's garage:
2003 1.9 Dci Laguna dynamique

Last edited by 1sppandey; 26th March 2009 at 07:05 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by 1sppandey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Your comments on this Subwoofer In-car entertainment dieselboy 2 1630 1st April 2011 11:25 AM
Which Stereo Removal tool..?? In-car entertainment 1sppandey 2 1505 30th March 2011 08:31 PM
Subwoofer for Laguna In-car entertainment costeau 16 8623 17th March 2011 03:55 PM
Active Subwoofer for my Laguna Electronics 1sppandey 0 997 17th March 2011 01:44 PM
Need to keep pressing the button to start..!! Electronics Eeeps 10 2719 3rd March 2011 10:23 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome