Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Details On Replacing RX4 Prop Bearings

View Single Post
post #73 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2009
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 9 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Zxninec2 View Post
My 2001 Scenic RX4 1.9dci has developed the typical centre bearing problem...constant whine / grinding noise getting worse all the time!!
I have contacted Renault direct...they want 750 approx for a new propshaft as everyone seems to agree the bearings cannot be replaced. I asked if they had any exchange shafts but they stated they no longer did that!
I cannot find anywhere else who can do a better deal for a new propshaft anywhere, but thought i would let you know about who i found today. have a good site and are based in Accrington, Lancashire. I rang them (01254 386661) and got some good news!
On an exchange basis, they will deliver to your door a Trekker propshaft - professionally adapted with 6mth warranty that fits RX4's - and then collect your old shaft after you have fitted the new one. The price? 350+vat. Bargain!! They seem to be doing a few a week!!!
Thought i'd sign up so i could spread the good news to all you suffering RX4 owners out there!!!
The same guy has an ebay shop. He has a new Trekka propshaft for sale for 345 pounds plus 23 pounds P&P.
Currently in tolsen's garage:
Trekka 1.9 DCI, Smart Cabrio Cdi (65 - 85 MPG) & Ford Transit 2.2 Duratorq TDCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome