Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna I - Need help locating Glow Plug relay/timer

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna I - Need help locating Glow Plug relay/timer

Hiya guys, im now an owner of my first Renault and need a bit of advise.
I bought a 1999 Laguna RN DTi off an old fella last week for 100. He had owned the car from new and he has kept the body work in fantastic condition and its only done 47k on the clock so I could not let it walk away.
Basicly the thermostat housing started a leak when he went to do his shopping and did not notice the engine was overheating until the headgasket blew.
So after I bought the car iv rebuilt the head with all new parts and replaced the thermostat housing.
The car is running as good as new now apart from im having a problem with cold starts.
The glow plug timer is only allowing less than a second of power applied to the plugs when the ignition is energised, and in my opinion it should be atleast 5 seconds if not more.
Does anyone know if this is a common fault or fault part, or can the timing be tweaked?
Also I would like to know were I can find the relay that operates the glow plugs.

Currently in dannyworsley's garage:
1999 Laguna 1.9 RN DTi
  5 Lastest Threads by dannyworsley
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna I - Need help locating Glow Plug... Electronics gusnjus 1 1311 26th March 2009 10:55 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome