Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #372 of (permalink) Old 27th March 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Mark-Spain View Post
I'm a bit lost on what to do (if anything).

I've moved to Spain with my Uk Scenic - now registered on Spanish license plates.

Went to Renault garage because the electric window would not go up - they replaced the motor - cost 330 - we had this job done just two years earlier by the way.

Then they showed us the door mirror control - fried - and said come back and they would change free of charge - was guaranteed by Renault.

Later I realised that surely the fault on the electric window was caused by the burn out on the door mirror switch? Anyone agree disagree?

If it was then can I claim for the window repair from Renault? Is this a waste of time?

My Spanish isn't up to asking the garage this - so I thought I would ask here and get my facts first, especially as I originally bought in the UK.

hi mark,i doubt that the two burn outs are connected,i think that you would not get anywhere with renault regarding the window motor,i have not read anywhere about these two being part of the same problem.
Currently in gemsdad's garage:
- ,rnge rover diesel,pt cruiser. ford mondeo 57 reg,cdti 140 bhp.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome