Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - help im in despair!!!!!!!

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 27th March 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Hi Swalk,

Which Valley are you in? SR Baber in Penygriag are about the closest without going into Cardiff.

I've never used them but a few people I know have and said they've had good service from them. I did do a quote for a key card and Cardiff Renault were slightly cheaper due to the labour rates being a bit cheaper, but then you have to weigh up fuel costs to travel between the 2. I'm about half way between both so more beneficial for me to go to Cardiff.

What warning light are you getting on when the problems start?

As Scatz said could be a number of things. My monster-in-law had a correded wire to the ECU on her 1.6 megane causing her revs to drop. SR sorted it out for about 60 IIRC

Shuddering could be over fueling as Scatz said. Could also be a duff coil pack and the ECU trying to rev the engine to stop it cutting out.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

PSN: MEW1980
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome