Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna - Reversing light switch

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 28th March 2009
Red face

Originally Posted by Jim255 View Post
Well, after ringing two different Renault dealerships who claimed they knew nothing of this fault (but I could book my car in if I wanted them to take a look!), I ordered a replacement switch for just under 20 inc. VAT.
This was fitted by my local garage for 20 yesterday, and all problems have been resolved.
So, thanks to some information on this forum, I probably saved myself well over 100 by avoiding a main dealer.

Jim255 - you were lucky not to have been stung by another case of ignorance - where do Ren get their dealers from. I got the message about my local dealer's ignorance early on when he said the engine in my Lag II 2.0l IDE was a volvo engine and couldn't change the cam belt (but kept sending reminders that it needed changing and would I bring the car in!!). Then when the reverse switch went and the car wouldn't start he said it was a dead battery and hooked up a booster and (out of my line of sight) depressed the clutch, started the car and suggested I took it for a run to charge the battery,needless to say it would not start
without depressing the clutch until I changed the switch. Bit red faced on my part as I didn't twig until it was dark and no reverse lights came on. I am now a Ford owner and glad of it.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome