Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Phase 2 Information.

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 28th March 2009
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
The "Sport" bit is just an option pack AFAIK, it's just like seats, suspension, styling (fogs, sunroof, silly little rear spoiler ) and the like, and in my case goes with the "Alize" aircon pack.

Though it's probably not entirely representative, my Ph2 issues appear to be:

Recirculation clicking b***s*** on startup, turning fan dial the other way, slamming a door... :D

Some of the rubber door seals have perished

Boot lifter struts sticky (a few banged heads til I learnt to push it all the way), and parcel shelf hinge dowels no longer held in to their slots very well (tends to pop out when I push it just that bit too far!)

Rubbish radio signal strength (aerial issue?)

Clutch making funny finger-on-glass noise when putting a bit of torque thru it on take-off.

Whining gearbox (though not terminal sounding) - these last two being at 74k miles...

Bonnet catch being almost impossible to open.

Any of these sound familiar to other owners? Got some of your own? I know there are some other issues it suffers - sticking ICV and the like - that I'm lucky not to yet suffer with, or not that noticably... but they've flown my mind right now and I need to nip out to the shops!
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome