Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - One week on....

Thread: One week on....
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
One week on....

Well, I've had my Megane CC for a week now and I'm loving it (despite the weather we've had for most of this weekend).

I have a few questions however.

Firstly the steering wheel creaks a bit when turning to the right. Anyone know if this is just an annoyance that can be easily resolved, or whether it's indicative of a problem?

Secondly, the fuse for the lighter socket had blown. There was a spare so it's all up and running but I went to buy some extras from Maplins and they appeared to be a different size. Are Renault fuses non standard or was it just me. If they are, can I get some from anywhere other than Renault (no doubt at a cost of 5 each).

Next. I bought some carpet mats from Tesco, which simply don't fit at all, so I'm thinking I may have to go for tailored ones. The offical Renault ones are around 50. I found some on EBay for around 25, but they only seem to be available in black. My interior is grey and beige. Anyone know a source of mats.

Next. Despite the standard stereo being pretty good, I'm thinking of installing my hard drive MP3 player. It's a single din unit. Can I get a decent looking fascia plate as the current setup is a single disc player and a 6 disc changer in a double din space.

And finally (or at least the last question) . I have a PDA sat nav. I want to fit it in a bit more professionally than the suction cup mount. I have these holders and proclips made by a company called Brodit. Anyone fitted one to a Megane CC. Just wondering how easy they are to fit.

Well thanks to anyone who made to the end of this post. And any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

And finally finally. I have now got a piccy (attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Megane Topless.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	928  
Currently in pc99's garage:
Ranault Megane CC 2.0t Privilege
  5 Lastest Threads by pc99
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Megane 2 - Locking Convertible With Roof... Megane maxmetal 5 11375 25th July 2007 08:38 AM
One week on.... Cars & motoring pc99 3 1191 29th May 2006 01:27 PM
Megane CC Just arrived Cars & motoring superbiatch 2 948 24th May 2006 09:19 AM
Hi everyone Welcome to RenaultForums 6 1148 15th May 2006 04:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome