Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Extreme DCi electric window fault

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Extreme DCi electric window fault

This is my first post so hope I have the hang of it!

We have a Clio Extreme DCi 52 plate and recently the drivers side electric window would not go up. Trying to fix it we ran the battery flat (doh!) but in doing so found that the window then came up as soon as the battery was charged and reconnected. If we put it down, it again refuses to budge until the battery is dis- and re-connected. So now we know it is not the regulator or motor but we are none the wiser as to what it is!?!

I have read on other threads for Meganes and Scenics a procedure to reset the electric windows but this doesn't seem to work for our Clio.

I was wondering if an earth leakage might be to blame (by my very uneducated reading of the circut diagram in Haynes it seems the motor is activated by switching to earth - please correct me if I am wrong). I have called my dad (in Australia) as all good daughters do in a car-related emergency but there is not much he can help with from that far away!!

Any advice would be extremely welcome.

5 Lastest Threads by ozmum
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Extreme DCi electric window fault Electronics ozmum 4 1393 30th March 2009 11:27 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome