Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trip counter, interior lights and start/stop button have gone mad!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Trip counter, interior lights and start/stop button have gone mad!

On Saturday my 2001 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer developed 3 weird problems all at the same time

1) I have to hold in the start/stop button until the engine starts. The starter motor will only operate whilst I hold the button down (like starting a car with a regular key).

2) The interior lights automatically come on when you open the door, but when you close the doors, insert the keycard and start the engine (by holding the button in) they don***8217;t go off.

3) The trip counter randomly resets itself back to zero.

Does anyone have the foggiest what***8217;s up with my car?

I've got to drive to Slovakia next week.... I hope it doesn't decide to strand me halfway across Europe

Everything else seems to be working fine.
Currently in DeLorean's garage:
Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.8 16V Dynamique - my little money pit!
  5 Lastest Threads by DeLorean
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
No air-con on driverís side Ė car without climate... Heating & cooling DeLorean 2 1436 18th April 2010 06:39 PM
Laguna II fog light surround removal Bodywork micksid 1 2321 16th April 2010 10:38 AM
Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer & snow chains Wheels & tyres DeLorean 8 3828 4th December 2009 09:06 PM
Second-hand Lag II instrument panel show mileage... Electronics DeLorean 4 1546 14th September 2009 03:10 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome