Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Rear Brakes Lock On when Reversing

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 31st March 2009
clio extreme
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to clio extreme
hi, iv had the same fault with my 54 clio. and itwas exactly what justg has diagnosed. it was the rear brake pads were worn, and the lining were just disintigrating. i managed to remove the drums myself by taking it in to my work and using a pair of pullers, but it say unless you have access to a set of pullers then you may have to take it to your local garage!

once the drums are off its a very simple, straight forward job, just make sure that you have the correct pads, as there are various pads for the clio.

this job took me maby about a couple of hours to do, but that was due to me having to make two trips to a local parts supplier, so id say both of the rear drums could be done in around an hour.

when doing the drums for this fault, besure to give the drums a check, make sure that the drusm arent damesg, af they are slightly damaged then id say you could give them a little clean up with soem emry paper, but i fthey are badly damaged then id recommend that you get new drums aswell, as fitting new pads to on when the drums are damaged will only dramatically reduce the service life of your pads.

hope this was a bit of help to you.
Currently in clio extreme's garage:
54 Cio extreme 3, 3 door
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome