Independent Renault Forums banner

does grand scenic convenience pack come with front parking sensors?

6K views 8 replies 1 participant last post by  indy 
#1 ·
we just picked up our new grand scenic which included the convenience pack
basically the convenience pack according to the car price guide feb 2009 renault (page 41 if anyone cares to look it up) is parking proximity sensors (FRONT and rear) and a sliding storage unit with armrests lights etc.
but not according to the dealer who say it only comes with rear sensors.
as this car was bought for my wife the parking sensors were a big reason for buying it.
what is my next option.
going in to see manager tomorrow about it .
any ideas what my stance should be? what I should say to him. etc
and does anyone know if any grand scenics do have front as well as rear sensors.
thanks

#3 ·
grand scenic front sensors

well where to start.
been on the phone to renault uk who verified that the convenience pack includes front sensors.
they have been in contact with the dealer who is going to contact them back in a couple of days as the dealers computers were all down. big power cut west of scotland yesterday.
had to go back to dealer this morning anyway because I noticed some paint chips on the car.
They are going to fix that anyway.
so while I was there I cornered the manager about the lack of sensors and showed him in black and white what the pack should contain.
since thier computers are still down he couldn't check the ordering details but did admit that someone was at fault.
he said "possibly they may have to order in new bumper with sensors fitted from france."
awaiting developments
I'll keep you all posted on what happens next
thanks

#4 ·
surprisingly quick action from dealer

dealer has just phoned and said to wife
bring car in tomorrow to get paint chips fixed...will take about an hour.
and they ARE going to get front parking sensor sent over from france and fitted at their own cost ,"to save renault UK the bother"
does anyone else smell burning pants from the dealer lol.

#8 ·
guess what

guess what.?
the dealer painted the car..(they wanted it left with them for an hour. I left it for 2).which was good I guess..
then when I went to pick it up they said " wait 15 mins ....we need to give it a wash"
they washed it....I took it home...by the time I got home the water was dry
then I noticed the water had washed all the new paint off.....
straight back to the dealer who said can you leave it for another hour
I left it for about 1 1/2 hours to find out they hadn't touched it again.
now I got to phone back tomorrow to book it back into paint shop....
I honestly thought they were playing an april fool gag
surely no dealer could be that stupid
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
as you can guess I'm not a happy camper today lol
I'll keep you all posted
cheers

#9 ·
still snafu

car went into dealer on monday to get paint chips sorted and new front bumper with parking sensors put on. was told car would be ready tuesday.
come wednesday afternoon when I phoned , it still was not ready.
picked it back up wednesday evening about 7 pm.
paint chips seem to be gone, good so far.
noticed an annoying rattle coming from the dash area.
then noticed that they had drilled into existing bumper and fitted sensors. not flush.
looking to see where rattle was coming from I noticed that the facia had been levered off with inappropriate tools. the marks look like it has been screw drivered off.
and radio is not fitted in properly now.
the switch for the front sensors is meant to be under the steering wheel. there is a space to pop out and put in a switch.
not at this dealer.
he has fitted a wee led push switch beside the gear lever. it looks cheap and nasty.
straight back on the phone within 10 mins of picking up car.
taking it back in tomorrow.
getting so peeved off with this dealer.
wife wishes she had never bought car as it has been away for repair for 5 days out of the 9 days we have owned it.
and the dealer is making a right mess of the car ie
we reckon we should have a new front bumper with the sensors recessed in. the correct switch for the sensors installed . so how are they gonna fill the hole they have made where they have drilled to put the led switch in.
and how can they repair where they have levered off the facia panel.
My mate owns a garage in rutherglen, glasgow and he was shocked at the f*ck up they were making of the car.
WE are getting to the stage where we are ready to tell them to stick the car and demand a refund after all they have sold us a brand new car which immediately needed repaired and had specified parts ie sensors missing and they have made a right mess fitting them.

Any advice folks?
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.