Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Wind noise on a 2002 Clio driving me INSANE!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to smiiithy Send a message via Yahoo to smiiithy
Angry Wind noise on a 2002 Clio driving me INSANE!!

I drive a 2002 Clio.

My windscreen was replaced at the end of December 2008 due to a huge crack. Unfortunately my insurance cover doesnít have windscreen damage so I forked out the £170-odd for a new windscreen (with rain sensors) and fitting.

Ever since having it replaced I could hear a loud whistling noise in strong winds and at high speeds. It sounds like if you run your finger around the rim of a crystal glass and the faster I go or windier it gets the louder the noise is.

I thought this was due to poor quality workmanship when fitting the windscreen so I called the company to come back out at the start of February. They removed the windscreen again and re-fitted it. They told me that it was likely to be down to a bubble in the glue used, so they gave it a good seal and assured me it shouldn't happen again.

The noise continued so I had the company come back out on Friday. Same story again and they re-fitted the windscreen. The noise is STILL happening and itís driving me crazy.

I canít feel any air coming through the windscreen and it usually happens around 65 Ė 70mph in normal conditions and less when itís windy. I canít remember ever having this problem before having the windscreen done so I canít think what else could be causing it. I looked at aerodynamic wipers etc but the noise still happens exactly the same even when the wipers are going.

Can anybody please, please help me? This really is driving me insane.
Currently in smiiithy's garage:
Renault Clio 1.5 dCi Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by smiiithy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2002 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi glow plug removal Engines smiiithy 4 7492 5th October 2009 02:27 PM
2002 Clio - External Temprature Gauge Heating & cooling petrashin 2 1516 24th July 2009 03:32 PM
Clio II: Console/dash light gone out after jump... Electronics smiiithy 1 1791 22nd April 2009 11:54 PM
Wind noise on a 2002 Clio driving me INSANE!! Bodywork smiiithy 5 3027 31st March 2009 02:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome