Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Renault Warranty invalidated

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 31st March 2009
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
I feel I can throw more light onto this now.

My Megane was first reg-ed on the 29/3/08 I purchased it from Renault pre re-ged on the 1st of July with < 20 mile on the clock. Current mileage
(> 4,000) almost diddley squat.

I just contacted RCS by phone asking when the first service is required. Is it the 1st of July or 18,000 miles.

The response was 12 months after the car was first registered = 29/3/08 or 18,000 miles, whichever one comes the sooner, therefore my first service is due now. Booked in for next week @ £187.99 OMG thats a lot of a change from the price of having the 2.2 GT serviced.

Email from Renault just this second received

Thank you for taking the time to contact Renault Information Services.

As per our conversation on the afternoon of 31st March 2009, I am writing to confirm your vehicle, a Renault Mégane registration -------- is due its first service on its first birthday or 18,000 miles, whichever interval is reached soonest.

As your vehicle was first registered on 29th March 2008, your vehicle would be due its first service now.

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me, or one of my colleagues at Renault Information Services on 0800 52 51 50.
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome