Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Interior Lights not self dimming ?

View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 31st March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by THIEKBLACK View Post
An interesting one.
When entering the car the lights come on, ok so far, the card is inserted,the lights go off, ok so far, some leaves the car, the lights come on, ok so far, the door is closed, the lights stay on, not ok, .The only way now to turn off the lights is to stop the engine remove the card and then restart the engine.
Everything works fine untill untill any door is opened, has anyone any clues?
ps my speedo is now replaced at a cost of 465, 365 for the unit the rest fitting, which took no time at all, approx an hour, BY MY LOCAL RENAULT DEALER. LAGUNA by the way
Does your radio still work when the card is only half way in? and do you have to keep your finger on the start button to start the car? if so, one of the micro switches in the reader has snapped off as happened to me, I fixed it buy removing and opening the unit and the piece of plastic fell out, the only way to fix it is to glue the piece back in, but due to the position of it, you can't glue it as it was, so I glued it directly to the switch in it's original position and all works fine now, good luck with it and I hope this helps
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome