Thread: Ipod to Laguna
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2009
Diamond dismember
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Connections and professional mounting.

Originally Posted by mlythaby View Post
It plugs in where the CD changer plugs into the radio. Just unplug the cd changer and plug in the Dension unit, its that easy.
I believe you can get a harness to keep the cd unit connected but once you use your ipod CDs are a thing of the past.
Just about every iPod adapter that's compatible with the Tuner List and Update List use the CD changer port.
This includes Renault's own adapter, the TunePoint.

I did see some schematics for a CD changer retention harness, but it branched in nothing more than a simple S/PDIF interface,
and thus, wouldn't allow you to change tracks and so forth on the iPod from the head unit or steering wheel remote.

However, you're right about CD changers. They are just sooo 90's.

Originally Posted by mlythaby View Post
Also recommend a dashmount bracket to locat the Ipod holder.
I also totally agree that a fixed holder makes it look a bit more professional, but I'm considering this bad boy instead of a Dashmount:
Shaped along the footwell, it doesn't rip up the pants (or shin, if wearing shorts) of your front passenger, and it looks neat enough.

The Kuda can be ordered with real or artificial leather (although the vegetarian option is only available in black).
Shipping from Germany to Ireland does cost a bob or two, but they also sell Dice Electronics' iPod cradle,
which is quite expensive on this side of the Atlantic no matter where you get it, so it justifies the shipping costs.

Yes, I could get a cheaper cradle if I went bargain hunting, but at least I know that with this particular make/model,
the dock port going from the cradle to the adapter is at the back of the cradle, so the connector and cable don't protrude too much,
like they do on those cradles that have the port at the bottom.

Until I've acquired these two items, the cable from my adapter to the CD changer goes via the centre console, into the arm rest compartment.
Currently in costeau's garage:
2008 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi (Used to have a 2004 Laguna 1.8)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome