Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio III - Interiors - dash noises,creaking/crackling

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Renault Warranty - Squeaks & Rattles

hmm.interesting. I have a Renault Megane 07 which I bought from new When I asked for various squeaks / rattles and vibrations to be sorted under warranty while it was in for the second service (23rd March 2009) , I was told that squeaks, rattles, and vibrations were not covered under the warranty after 12 months!!!!!! - obviously, this was never mentioned when I had my 12 month service..

After a bit of persuasion, they did resolve them, but made out it was some kind of favour to me

So, is this the norm or is my dealer trying to take me for an idiot. Exactly what is the Renault warranty worth i.e. am I going to always get the "not covered under the warranty after 12 months, 18 months" fob off each time I mention something.

As it stands, my whole Renault experience bubble is on the edge of bursting at the moment. My car is in today having its front nearside window fixed - went down this morning - won't go back up. On the plus side, while it's in, they are also repairing the dent in the door which happened while it was in for a second service.
Currently in nigelm187's garage:
2007 Megane GT 150bhp
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome