Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio III - Interiors - dash noises,creaking/crackling

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Warranty - does it cover *anything*?

>>eveytime i go in for warranty work (2 window regulators, and a door regulator)

Is this *also* not covered under the warranty. When I bought my car, I was really under the impression that the warranty covered anything which you could not break or wear out yourself, e.g. electronics, engine parts, even exhaust upto a certain mileage. I appreciate that maybe the cloth on the seats and the tyres wouldn't be covered (well, where it was obvious that there was excessive wear), but would always presume that the regulators and such like which exist within the door would be covered.

My car window wasn't fixed today, they were too busy to sort it and had to wait for a part to be delivered. No doubt I'll be having a chat with the dealer tomorrow if they try the "not under warranty sir" chat (as has happened every time I've ever taken my car in!).

My confidence in the brand has dropped from 9/10 to about 2/10 for no reason other than the dealership fighting me tooth and nail every time I need to deal with them, rather than just providing good old customer service. I'm 38 and this is my first experience of a Renault - safe to say that it will be the only one!
- I've already started looking out to Mazdas as a replacement and my Renault is only just two years old (12,500 miles on the clock, so not exactly worked hard for all the issues that are popping up). Don't really want to change as the car is actually very nice to look at - just feels at this rate that it isn't going to do me any favours once it reaches three years old and the warranty expires (yes, I know - for what it's worth!!)
Currently in nigelm187's garage:
2007 Megane GT 150bhp
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome