Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane I Speedo intermittent fault--- Solved

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Megane I Speedo intermittent fault--- Solved

New to this forum but many thanks to all who have added information regarding this problem.
My daughters Megane 1.4 16v Sport started with this problem over the last few months until the speedo stopped altogether. I have read all the posts so today went to work on the problem.
The car has ABS so presumed the speedo picked the signal via the ABS system.
Checked all the ABS wheel senders with a muti tester (set on voltage AC). very easy to do, all checked out OK.

Then went to check the muti-plug in the fuse box at the side of the battery, which has been mentioned as a problem area.

Removed the trim, battery and then the fuse box cover.

Straight away I could see a loose wire on the white block. I am colour blind so to me it was grey but my daughter says greeny/gray, anyway removed the opposite wire from the other end of the block and spliced them together.

Speedo works!

So pleased that I have joined this forum to pass on this info with other Megane owners.
Currently in bazst's garage:
Civic Type R
  5 Lastest Threads by bazst
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane I Speedo intermittent fault--- Solved Electronics Truckbusuk 1 3792 2nd April 2009 04:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome