Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - newbie needs help with ir receiver/immobiliser

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
newbie needs help with ir receiver/immobiliser

Hi guys, newbie here with no clue about cars at all except how to drive them. I have a 1996 hatchback megane but after leaving it standing for a while the immobiliser stopped working off the plip and I had to search the internet for the 'emergency procedure' which I have managed to do to get it going but I have to put the code in every time I start the car which is highly annoying. Basically I want to know, can I buy a 2nd hand IR receiver and sync my key to it or do I need to have this done by the pro's? If I can buy 2nd hand, how do I go about syncing it? I have read the following link but whilst I'm very grateful for it I can't seem to see anything about getting a new receiver working with my key, only about the 'emergency procedure'. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Infra-Red Central Locking and Immobiliser some answers
Currently in WoodyJosh2009's garage:
1996 hatchback Megane
  5 Lastest Threads by WoodyJosh2009
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
newbie needs help with ir receiver/immobiliser Electronics WoodyJosh2009 4 2007 2nd April 2009 06:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome