Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 6x9 speaker installation lag 1 help

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 4th April 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
I dunno... Depending on the volume of the boot, the solidity of the parcel shelf and the acoustics of the car, 6x9s can actually sound pretty good off an amp, and without the stupidity that is losing half your boot to a sub...

'Pretty good' comes with a disclaimer though. Ultimately, sound quality in a car is never going to satisfy an audiophile like me... I don't care how much SPL you can generate (and it certainly appears to me that most of the kind of people who have massive subs care about is deafening themselves and sharing their [inevitably awful] taste in music with everybody in a half-mile radius, not an actual accurate portrayal of the music they're listening to...) at the end of the day, the inside of a car has far too small a volume, and far too much ambient noise to ever actually have 'decent' sound... I guess that's just my opinion though. I have quite pricey Infinity components which were very well received by reviewers up front, and JBL GTOs in the rear, all amped up properly, and I will eventually get round to mounting some 10" speakers in place of the rear cubby holes in my car... Still, the moment I start the engine, it all seems like a bit of a waste of time really.

I would imagine the acoustics of a Lag hatch are somewhat better than the travelling greenhouse-come barge I drive, but it's still made of biscuit tin.

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome