Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II Handbrake fault , I'm baffled !!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th April 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Scenic II Handbrake fault , I'm baffled !!!

Got a strange one in work at the moment, handbrake on a Scenic II comes on when driving making the car very dangerous.
Have had it on my Renault Clip system and have found that the engine management system resets/switches itself off for a fraction of a second which in turn has the same effect as turning the car off with the start/stop button so when driving and this happens the handbrake comes on.
How on earth the lady has not had an accident with it Ile never know, but have told her its not safe to drive.
So far have spent 2 or 3 hours on it , spoke to one of the top RTE's at my local dealership and we are all baffled.

Anyone come across this???

Currently in Mike@Rentech's garage:
Renault Sport Twingo 133 cup
  5 Lastest Threads by Mike@Rentech
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
My Rampant rabbits both female.. listen to the... Jokes & funny stuff Mike@Rentech 0 1171 7th May 2009 09:20 PM
Scenic II Handbrake fault , I'm baffled !!! Electronics Mike@Rentech 4 4575 4th April 2009 05:52 PM
Few little mods I've done to my 56k Showcase Mike@Rentech 7 7381 17th February 2007 04:20 PM
Hitlers car got nicks (very funny) Jokes & funny stuff ottoman 1 1192 17th January 2007 10:09 PM
New Rentech premises have a look Cars & motoring AndyF1 6 1712 6th August 2006 05:36 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome