Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna lacking power

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th May 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Originally Posted by DIAMOND no1
Hi can anyone help? i have a renault laguna 2.0 petrol executive it misses when i drive it. when the car is being driven- then i accelerate up or vi-sa versa : i have to foot the accelerater to the floor and it struggles to pick up speed.Then suddenly it kicks and it is running normal. when i stop by lights and start again: or if i change gear down to slow down it happens all over again. i have changed the idle speed controller-fuel filter-air flow meter too but no change. the exhaust makes a rough sound and it sounds like it is running on 3 cylinders can anyone help? I have even tried cleaning the injecters... HELP.. HELP.. HELP ...
Hi and a very warm welcome to the forum.

Sorry I missed you 1st time round.
I would say it could be one of two things. I sounds like it could be coil breaking down.....
They (there are two) are located at the front of the engine under the cylinder head. The HT leads plug into them.
You could try testing them by using a pair of very well insulated pliers and pulling each HT lead from each spark plug. If the engine miss fires more the that coil should still be ok. If the engine revs remain the same then that could be the culprit.
It could also be the HT leads or a plug breaking down. These are relavtivley inexpsensive items and should be changed regularly any how.

Try these first and get back to us.

Of course it could be the famed TDC sensor. Again a fairy cheap and easy fix.
It is bolted the the engine block just below the cylinder head at the top of the gearbox bell housing. You may need to move the airfilter/water pipes to get it though. It is held on with 2 bolts.

Hope this helps. Kind regards Oily.

I am not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings:D "
Currently in Oilyrag's garage:
59 Vauxhall Zaffira 1.6 Life & 1957 Austin A35
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome