Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Window Diagnosis

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 5th April 2009
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by stephen25uk View Post
speaking to my brother who was with me at the time,the mechanic only took the fuse out to stop it going back down,to get it up he opened up the conector box between the door and the car and disconected and reconected something in there evertime he done this the he woo double lock the doors and the window would go up about 2 inches,he told us that he knew it was the motor cause when he put a 12v power source to it ,it would try to shut when double locked,so i take it he was re conecting and disconecting the power until it went up,i have just put the fuse back in to see what happens,and the switch does nothing window is up and wont come down,so looks like i have something else wrong
Bit confused (normal operation mode I stress )
Why do the central locking motors have an impact on the window regulator? the only time I believe that happens is when you are locking the car and the window is open ... then the car shuts the windows/sunroof etc before locking the car ... I'm also confused as to what connector box between the door and the car ... plus how did he test the motor directly with 12v if he didnt take the door card off.

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome