Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Window Diagnosis

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 5th April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Truckbusuk View Post
Bit confused (normal operation mode I stress )
Why do the central locking motors have an impact on the window regulator? the only time I believe that happens is when you are locking the car and the window is open ... then the car shuts the windows/sunroof etc before locking the car ... I'm also confused as to what connector box between the door and the car ... plus how did he test the motor directly with 12v if he didnt take the door card off.

between the door and door pillar there is something i would call a multi connector,i have had this apart myself and dries it out using wd40 to see if that cures anything,the mechanic must have been disconecting that,reconecting it,locking the door the widow went up 2 inches,the he would go back disconect it reconect it lock the door until the window went up,he then took the fuse out and said that would stop it going down,i was a bit like yourself,he said the motor was faulty and as the motor and regulator come as one would need replaced,but how come the window went up using his method if the motor was faulty?

i have put the fuse back in and there is no motor sound at all from the drivers side,motor noise can be heard from passenger side if the passenger side switch is tried with the window allready up so i know what to listen out for in the drivers side,but there is just no noise at all fromthe drivers side motor
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome