Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Alpine CD Changer - Help needed!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Alpine CD Changer - Help needed!

Hi all

I've just become the proud owner of a 2002 Megane Scenic Monaco 1.8. This model comes with the Alpine CD Changer (Model No. 82 00 002 656A) under the seat, but mine seems to be broken. When I got the car, the cartridge wouldn't eject so I assumed a disc was jammed in there. Took it out & took all the casing off to get the discs out, but when I reconnected it to the car the problem was still there (won't eject, even with no discs in). I figure I've got three options.

1 - search for another of the same cd changer.
2 - replace the radio cassette head unit with cd player.
3 - see if I can fix the changer.

Anyone got any ideas/advice on what I need to be looking for in the current changer. I assume that some mechanism that pushes the cartridge out is broken, but have no clue what I'm looking for. Failing that, is Ebay the best bet for a replacement. Finally, if I were to replace the head unit, I assume I'd need a Renault model to keep using the control stalk & LCD Display, but there seems to be loads of different ones on Ebay & I'm not sure which, if any, will fit.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Currently in skeets's garage:
2002 Renault Megane Scenic Privalege Monaco 1.8
  5 Lastest Threads by skeets
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Alpine CD Changer - Help needed! Electronics petercee 1 1915 5th April 2009 08:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome