Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Wind noise on a 2002 Clio driving me INSANE!!

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 6th April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to smiiithy Send a message via Yahoo to smiiithy
Ralph: A good suggestion. This is one of the things I considered too as my thermostat has been giving a false reading for a long time and appears to be slightly loose on the passenger side and I have an empty hole on the driver side. Iíve tried taping these over but still the noise persists so I guess that rules that out.

saabguy: This is something I considered too but the company who replaced the windscreen have persisted that this is the exact same specification of windscreen as was fitted. Theyíve been out a total of 3 times to fit the windscreen so Iím doubtful of slotting being the cause, Iím sure by now they would have gotten fed up and fitted it properly.

TheCleanerLeon: Brilliant suggestion. Itís just a case of having the engineer come out when itís windy enough. If Iím 100% honest the noise generally happens at around 65 - 70mph when itís particularly windy and I would Ďimagineí it happens in less windy conditions when travelling much faster Ė of course this isnít something I would do on a public highway.

They are actually coming out again tomorrow but unfortunately Iíll be at work so I wonít be able to take them out in the car to show them. After this final opportunity to resolve the problem I will insist on TheCleanerLeonís suggestion of them coming out in the car with me.

My only concern is them trying to fob me off telling me itís something other than the windscreen. Iím positive that itís either the windscreen or something done during the fitting of the windscreen as the problem only occurred after their attendance.

I will update again after their further visit tomorrow, thanks for all your help.
Currently in smiiithy's garage:
Renault Clio 1.5 dCi Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome