Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #281 of (permalink) Old 7th April 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Slight Judder at 80mph / tracking

Has anyone else with a Vel Satis experienced a slight judder, which seems to come from the front, when going about 80mph?

I take my Vel Satis to a garage to get the tyres tracked/aligned every 6 months (as when I bought the car and got new tyres fitted, the tyre fitter told me the tracking was out by quite a bit). so I'm hoping it's not tracking again.

The MOT last year did pick up a minor advisory point about the suspension, as follows:

Nearside Front suspension has slight movement at a tie bar joint (2.5.A.1c)

Offside Front suspension has slight movement at a tie bar joint (2.5.A.1c)

I just wondered if an other Vel Satis owners have had problems with tracking needing to be done regularly, and/or a slight judder at 80mph?

I've put it down to either the tyres/tracking, the suspension advisory from the MOT, the bulk and size of the car just not being very aerodynamic for 80mph, or perhaps the gearbox not liking that speed for some reason.

I can feel absolutely no vibration at all through the steering wheel, it just feels a bit shaky in the front footwells.

All the best,
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome