Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - front parking sensors on grand scenic

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Yahoo to indy
Angry front parking sensors on grand scenic

Bought new grand scenic two weeks ago.
was meant to be ready to collect on the friday but wasnt. had to wait till the monday to get the car.then noticed some paint chips and front parking sensors didnt seem to be working.
took car back down to dealer who said they couldnt understand how chips got there but would fix them. oh and the sensors dont appear to be working because they weren't any fitted. dealer said car wasnt meant to have them even though it says in black and white that both front and rear sensors are part of the convenience pack.
got on the phone to renault uk who then contacted the dealer to verify that yes there were meant to be front sensors according to the specification we were sold.
took car back down to dealer with my 2 year old in tow( my wife was at work) and they asked me to leave the car with them for 1 1/2 hours to fix paint.
went back after 2 hours to be told we are just gonna wash the car then you can have it back.
got car back and drove home. by the time we got home car was dry and any paint/wax they had put on had washed off.
straight back down to dealer who wanted car left for another hour or so.
so again I left car with themand on return noticed car had not moved let alone been fixed.
they then told me to phone tomorrow tobook car in to paint shop .
at the same time the dealer acknowledged that yes the car should have had front parking sensors factory fitted.they said they would have to get a new bumper with sensors installed sent over from france which would take a couple of days.
When I finally got through to someone who could book car in for paint over the phone was told that bumper with sensors would be in for monday so to leave the paint till then and get it all done at the same time.
car went into dealer on monday to get paint chips sorted and new front bumper with parking sensors put on. was told car would be ready tuesday.
come wednesday afternoon when I phoned , it still was not ready.
picked it back up wednesday evening about 7 pm.
paint chips seem to be gone, good so far.
noticed an annoying rattle coming from the dash area.
then noticed that they had drilled into existing bumper and fitted sensors. not flush.
looking to see where rattle was coming from I noticed that the facia had been levered off with inappropriate tools. the marks look like it has been screw drivered off.
and radio is not fitted in properly now.
the switch for the front sensors is meant to be under the steering wheel. there is a space to pop out and put in a switch.
not at this dealer.
he has fitted a wee led push switch beside the gear lever. it looks cheap and nasty.
straight back on the phone within 10 mins of picking up car.
taking it back in tomorrow.
getting so peeved off with this dealer.
wife wishes she had never bought car as it has been away for repair for 5 days out of the 9 days we have owned it.
and the dealer is making a right mess of the car ie
we reckon we should have a new front bumper with the sensors recessed in. the correct switch for the sensors installed . so how are they gonna fill the hole they have made where they have drilled to put the led switch in.
and how can they repair where they have levered off the facia panel.
My mate owns a garage in rutherglen, glasgow and he was shocked at the f*ck up they were making of the car.
Been on the phone again to renault uk and are still awaiting a call back from them for advice.
WE are getting to the stage where we are ready to tell them to stick the car and demand a refund after all they have sold us a brand new car which immediately needed repaired and had specified parts ie sensors missing and they have made a right mess fitting them.

Any advice folks?
Currently in indy's garage:
1999 megane scenic 1.9 tdi and the wife has a 2005 espace 2.2dci dynamique with panoramic sunroof
  5 Lastest Threads by indy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
espace 2.2dci check injectors fault Engines Ralph 12 3761 5th August 2009 04:41 PM
front parking sensors on grand scenic Cars & motoring 37 11923 9th April 2009 08:43 AM
does grand scenic convenience pack come with... Cars & motoring indy 8 4273 30th March 2009 02:18 PM
grand scenic spare tyre cage Wheels & tyres indy 2 1590 28th March 2009 05:27 PM
which grand scenic to buy Cars & motoring indy 10 1986 13th March 2009 11:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome