post #18 of (permalink) Old 9th April 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by jemnetley View Post
Thanks Donald - you are correct

The thread still hasnt really answered my original Q2. What do I need to replace? Is a 2nd hand seat from a renault spares dealer OK and will it still have all the appropriate electronics in place to connect up as one the bag has gone and deployed thats it
All you will need to replace is the seat bag and then have the car hooked up to a diagnostic computer to reset the airbag ecu module,just watch as insurance company's are funny about this AS IT CAN VOID YOU INSURANCE but the way i look at it what they don't know want hurt them,just make sure if you are going to replace the bag yourself to disconnect the battery and never face the bag face on because if it deploys it "could" Kill yousimple,and after this is done you will need to have the ecu cleared to then make sure that the system is as it should be ready and safe for use if ever needed again,i hope this helps Donald

Oh if you are going to buy a second hand bag from the breakers they might try and sell you the seat as a whole unit?? but thats up to you?? good luck
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome