Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #285 of (permalink) Old 9th April 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks Andy,

When I take it in for its pre-MOT service in 2 weeks, I'll ask them to look carefully at the balancing, alignment and track rod ends. Glad to hear the track rod ends aren't expensive.

It's funny you should mention balancing, as the new rear tyres were balanced by the (reputable) mobile tyre fitter in January, then the new front tyres which were put on a few weeks later were balanced then, plus I had tracking done after each time, so basically the balancing and tracking have supposedly been done twice, by 2 different garages. The mobile tyre fitter who put the fronts on more recently said the offside wheel was quite a way out of balance, but I'm sure that from the HPI, service history and general condition of the vehicle, that it's not been in a collision. Unless someone's kerbed the wheel at some point and it's put the offside front out of balance...

Anyway, I'm going to risk it and do my 100 mile round trip without worrying, as the judder doesn't occur if I drive fairly slowly. Then it'll be going for a full service soon thereafter anyway...

Have a good bank holiday.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome