Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - front parking sensors on grand scenic

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 10th April 2009
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
3 main issues are of major concern here;

1. vehicle mis-build or wrongly specified by the dealer?

It shouldn't make a bit of difference to you, as any 'wrongs' should be righted at no cost or minimal inconvenience to you. The spec should be restored (if possible), or a refund of the optional extra's cost (plus a goodwill gesture) - if it cannot be retro-fitted.

2. the integrity of the dealer's 'repair' techniques.

Basically, if the dealer cannot restore the specification so that the car would be identical to one whereby the factory had fitted it - then you should be given the information as in section 1 - you then make the choice. It sounds as though their attempts at re-wiring may have caused more harm than good.

3. treatment by the dealer.

You are their customer, you have paid them a substantial amount of money, for a car with a specific purpose (i.e. space for up to 7 people). Since none of the problems are down to you - it is very basic customer relations to keep you mobile in an appropriate vehicle, thus your inconvenience is minimised.

I am aghast at the failure (by the dealer specifically), to comply with even one of the above.

Personally speaking, I would no longer deal with the front-end staff, I would insist on speaking to the Dealer Principal (if the branch has one), or the General Manager (if it doesn't). If you are given the 'run-around', contact a solicitor (and make the garage aware that this is the next step).

The wheels should start moving, if they will at all.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome