Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Paint bubbles on 2008 Laguna III

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10th April 2009
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
Hi there, and welcome.

An 'outside influence' essentially means some factor not due to a fault in the manufacturing process.

These can include; bird droppings, airborne pollution, solvent damage, stonechipping, etc.

It's impossible for me to say what's caused it, but I can understand why you are so aggreived, given the age of the car & the care you employ.

It is possible for you to appeal their decision, or for Renault Customer Services to offer assistance.

What you may well have to do to obtain this, however, is to arrange for an independent inspection (which you have to pay for), on the basis that if its a Renault blame, then they cover the cost of repair, plus the inspection.

My only concern is why only a small part of the bonnet has shown this defect - if it were due to a manufacturing issue, I'd be inclined to think the entire bonnet would be showing this finish?

And if, as you say - you clean the car weekly, then you'd have picked up on any other areas showing problems.

Is it possible that some form of malicious act could of caused this?

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome