Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - front parking sensors on grand scenic

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 11th April 2009
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
It's time to get medieval on their....

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
If the car happens to get damaged whilst parked your insurers may take a different view and should it get "accidently" damaged after all using your vehicle as a means of protest may not be viewed as legitimate use.
I'm pretty sure the threadstarter is already of the view that the dealership have damaged his car in their botched attempts to bring it up to spec...
Getting angry and trying to get even may make you feel better in the short-term but in all honestly it very unlikely to resolve the situation. Making the dealer angry may just protract the situation when when in fact you need a speedy resolution.
In all fairness, it looks like its the dealer who is preventing a speedy resolution (not the owner), it's not for me to say, but the threadstarter looks to have covered all the normal channels (and been more patient than I think most of us would be in the same situation), and appears to be getting the run-around (pun not intended). Dealer's do not like adverse publicity - especially when times are hard - it's your best form of leverage.
A good lawyer may recommend you get an independent legal view of the situation - ideally someone who isn't personally involved. Believe me Noel, my other half is not averse to saying I'm wrong - she isn't one for toeing the line, if she doesn't agree...
At the end of the day, the question has to be asked - is the dealer doing all they can to placate and not inconvenience the customer?

If not, what has gone awry?

Multiple explanations, botched & non-standard modifications made, lack of liason (it always sounds like the threadstarter has to do the chasing), lack of appropriate ongoing mobility.

Does that sound like good customer service?

Maybe in Serbia, but not here.

I can't advise the threadstarter what to do (we are all adults, after all), but I'd give the garage the proverbial kick in the onions.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome