Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - front parking sensors on grand scenic

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 13th April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Yahoo to indy
and it goes on and on

phoned the dealer today to make sure they were aware of the catalogue of problems to date.
the general manager was not very "nice" to deal with today.
since I knew he had been away for 4 or 5 days I thought I better make him personally aware of the mess of the car.
When I was telling him about the latest problems he kept interrupting me and would try and tell me things which have been superceded
also he was telling me I should have physically put on the child locks .
like it was my fault the door opened.
eventually he got a bit stroppy like "what do you want me to do about it".
again he started to tell me that things had been / would be fixed and when I kept correcting him I got the "oh are you calling me a liar" response.

again I reiterated that I wanted to reject the car because a) it was not fit for purpose , b) the build quality was poor , c) was not as described and had then had wrong parts poorly fitted d) had been damaged by the mechanics at the dealership
and e) had numerous electrical problem ie no hazards , central locking , fogs , etc.
his reply to this was "oh you have been taking advice on this then".
I said "oh yes , I know where I stand in all this and as I said I want the car replaced or a complete refund".
upshoot of this is that the dealer now wants me to take car back down tomorrow so his mechanics can inspect it.

I had had enough of dealing with him
so I then phoned dealers head office and lodged complaint through them.
I spent about 20 mins detailing all the problems chronologically to the customer services and been told to expect a written reply within 48 hours.
when I asked what to tell renault uk when they phone tomorrow was told to tell renault that dealers head office were dealing with it.
thinking I'll refer renault uk customer sevices chap who is dealing with it to the dealer customer services chap directly.
I'll keep you all posted
and thanks again folks for all your advice
I wouldn,t have had a clue how to deal with this without you all.
Currently in indy's garage:
1999 megane scenic 1.9 tdi and the wife has a 2005 espace 2.2dci dynamique with panoramic sunroof
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome