Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Bled the brakes with the engine running!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Bled the brakes with the engine running!

Hi all, I have just bought an RX4 and the guy I bought it off said the rear pads needed changing, so at the weekend away I went to my local motor parts and purchased some Mintex pads at a reasonable price. Having never worked on a Renault before I thought I'd take some advice on bleeding the brakes and was told to do it with the engine running, which I did. On discovery of the Forum the other day I have just checked (should have done that before starting) and noticed that it is suggested best to bleed the brakes with the engine off. Now can anyone help me and tell me what sort of damage I have done and whether I can undo my mistake without spending a fortune. The car is lovely, but just been round the block, but the brakes still feel very spongy! Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ian
Currently in Tommorx4's garage:
Renault RX4
  5 Lastest Threads by Tommorx4
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Bled the brakes with the engine running! Brakes/Hubs roby37 12 2894 13th April 2009 06:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome