Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 Sloshing Noise How To Guide!!!

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I'm getting this sloshing too, on my V '99 1.6 Sport Alize Megane, but she's also over-heating, and going through coolant at a heck of a rate.

Are the two linked?

I had error light come on on Saturday, and the temperature needle was nearly at max - I cranked up the heater, as I couldn't pull over, and was only a mile from my destination. But little or no heat came through - it turned out she had boiled dry. My dad filled her up, after she cooled down, but it bubbled, and went down, and bubbled, and went down - she took over 6 pints.

She's running ok, but she's still drinking lots.

I can't afford to take her to a garage until the end of the month, but I need her for a trip tomorrow.

There's no sign of steam coming from her exhaust, nor from the cap on the water reservoir. I don't know where the head gasket is, so I wouldn't know where/how to check that.

I've checked her oil , via the dipstick, but not via the filler cap - will check that tomorrow morning.

Any other pointers?
Currently in parkj83's garage:
Megane 1.6 16v Sport Alize
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome