Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo ECU

Thread: Kangoo ECU
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Kangoo Help

Hi Stu,

I have exactly the same problem as you had, garage said its the ECU and fuse box.

Even though Renault say 'doubt it'

I cant afford any more wasted costs on this one.

Can you advise me how you bypassed the fuel cut off switch?

I think it may be this as well as some fuses which I'll change in the engine bay.

Can you also advise me where the ECU is ,as this would be my last port of call.

Sorry I have engineering phobia.

Originally Posted by Stu1million View Post
Hi TK,

I took your advice and checked the fuses and tried to start it without the 15 amp fuse in and it didn't start. there were also two 30 amp fuses too, so I just replaced them all for the sake of it.

After speaking to numerous mechanics, I have done the following, which they all said could be part the problem; replaced all fuses, bypassed the fuel cut off switch, removed and cleaned the throttle body and fitted a new fuel filter, busy day!

It hasn't stalled today but I noticed it got up to temperature in about the usual time, but when I popped the bonnet I was hit with a really strong smell of water/antifreeze/coolant. When I took the cap off the water bottle there was no hiss and the water level still remained the same (on max) I thought that the water level dropped as you drove it about as water is being pumped around? I don't know if there could be a problem there?
Currently in ricoos's garage:
honda vfr800
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome