Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #115 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi All,

All I can say is what a read, I wish I had found this Forum and Thread 18 months ago. Instead my local Renault Deal found my wallet and jesus did I pay for it!!!!!

I had the hesitation / drop in acceleration etc... and bang went the turbo or so I was told...1 new turbo /intercooler/pipe work later all runs fine.

I will how ever be making my purchases or Carb Cleaner, Cooper Grease etc... and I'll be checking out the whole erg/throttle housing and just making sure all is ok as I still cannot get rid of the black diesel smoke on acceleration especially when pulling away from traffic lights of a night I can see a thin cloud of smoke in my rear view mirror.

Can anyone let me know if there is supposed to be any seal/gasket ring that seats between the Throttle Housing and the Manifold (photo1)? It's just that I have seen some oil around this area and I'm just trying to narrow it down. I know it looks clean now but I have just sprayed it with Gunk.

Many Many Thanks for a fantastic read, excellent info and photos.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01942.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	7411  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome