Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #541 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by bigiainw View Post
.. and even if it can, there is no guarantee that it'll work. I had an independent code my new from ebay valve (2 for 25- bargain). 3 months and several days in the garage later, I gave up and went to the dealer. 30+vat and sorted! In my view by all means buy a valve and get it fitted, but unless you want to play Russian roulette or someone can point you in the direction of a reliable independent who knows what they are doing, go to the dealer, it's less hassle in the long run.

Also, if you have steel wheels, the valves are slightly different. I would be tempted to buy a new valve directly from Scrader, who manufacture them for Renault. The part you seek is the first on the page. Best of luck mate.
Great advice, thanks mate. I looked at that website yesterday but wasnt exactly sure if it was right one so thanks again. I met a guy through work who works for a local renault dealer and he will do foreigners so will give him a ring me thinks
Currently in davenkirsty's garage:
Scenic I 1.6 16v Fidji
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome