Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 1 Phase 2 Cruise Control

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Gogslad
Vass, come on now, i dont seriously expect ardwyn has taken my advice to mean disconnecting the switch permanantley, not only would this impede the correct operation of the cruise control, it would result in false information to the injection computer possibly bringing the engine management lite on and the most obvious problem is that his brake lights would not work rendering the car illegal to drive and thus removing the need for cruise control completely, i have credited ardwyn with some common sense, he seems intelligent enough to realise that i meant this only as a means to help diagnose the problem, not as a solution or cure, once again i am trying to help someone who could use my advice, perhaps i will now stop trying to help and start simply picking faults with the advice given by others, or perhaps i will just stop altogether!

Kerriiist! Some people are tuckin fouchy.

I have no idea who and what either you or Ardwyn are professionally. It was just a concern I had about what happens if.....

It was not my intention to either criticise your advice or you in any way, but if you feel that I cattled your rage in some way, then I am hereby apologising and reiterating that it was not my intention to do so. My concern was mainly to do with the reliabilty (or not, as the case may be) of the electronics that everybody has so much faith in (or not as the case may be) rather than your expertise or your good self.

Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome