Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - 2.1 Diesel Leak*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Espace - 2.1 Diesel Leak*FIXED*

I really hope that someone can help.
I have an Espace 2.1 diesel (Non turbo ). The engine is a J8S roto diesel from a traffic, CAV pump.
The problem that has developed big time is a major diesel leak from the pump area. I cannot pinpoint the exact location It looks to be coming from around the sprocket on the pump. Then engine starts and runs as sweet as a nut but diesel pumps out , flows down the drip tray and onto the alternator. Originally the return pipe was blocked and was causing the engine to get to much diesel and to smoke, fixed that then today this.
I've checked all pipes and unions for leaks and all are ok. Is there a drain plug on the pump or anything like that which I hopefully have missed.
My guess is that the pump is dead . But I am praying for some help with it. Is the pump hard to change without messing the diesel timeing up?
Thanks in advance for reading this.
Currently in Metalliblob's garage:
Espace 2.1 TD
  5 Lastest Threads by Metalliblob
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Espace - 2.1 Diesel Leak*FIXED* Espace Metalliblob 7 5001 15th April 2009 10:19 PM
Espace - J8S TD Dead - Please Help Engines Metalliblob 2 1389 23rd April 2008 09:55 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome