Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #169 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Reporting to VOSA

Good note there 'vass20'!

For the others, we really need to get all known cases reported to VOSA as soon as possible - esp. since they are currently analysing the 'issue' - with MORE evidence, this gives Renault UK very little ground (hopefully) to wriggle out of the root-cause of the incidents! (They can say an excuse once or twice, but can't state the same thing for EVERY case reported - too suspicious!).

I know FlashKate has done so, anyone else who hasn't yet (Paulo? Others?), should report to the stated e-mail address. Also, I've attached the documents which I was originally sent from VOSA, a Code of Practice doco (see safety defect section!), and also a general enquiry form for you to formally file the case to VOSA.

BTW, one comment, I was interested to read on the BBC Watchdog website that VOSA had "already inspected several cars and not identified a fault with the mechanism". Does anyone have any knowledge / views on which cases they related too (i.e. were VOSA referring to any cases which the forum members already raised previously / recently?). I am just curious as to how VOSA can make such a sweeping statement on this very point!
Attached Files
File Type: zip VOSA Codes of Practice and Defect Report (23.0 KB, 4 views)

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome