Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thinking of buying a Scenic. Any thoughts please.

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I've a Scenic II - the 80bhp version. After 15,000 miles I'm very happy with it.
My experiences sounds very similar to yours with the Modus. The car seems well built and has been very reliable. I find it easy to drive and comfortable, although the steering could be improved - you sometimes feel as though you are fighting it to go in a straight line - but nothing which is a major issue.

Probably the 80bhp version is a tad under powered, acceleration off the mark is poor but this does not bother me particularly as it is adequate for todays roads. The car cruises at motorway speeds easily. I've done a number of long trips with the car fully loaded and with two kids in the back the car has excelled. The family find it has plenty of room and the trays in the back are ideal for the DVD player!

All this and an average of 52mpg I've been pleasantly surprised.

Although I've not had problems, if you look on this site you'll find people who've had brake problems and others who have suffered uneven tyre wear.

I hope this helps.
Currently in davey's garage:
2005 Scenic 1.5Dci (VF1JMRF)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome