On your #150 posting Vass20, one point to add is that I did "inspect" under the bonnet prior to the incident. But not on that day.
I actually topped up the windscreen washer about 3-4 weeks prior to this incident (as it was empty!). I closed it and all seemed well. Now what Renault curiously accused me for NOT doing is closing it properly. They went very quiet on the phone when I explained that I had been driving for those 3-4 weeks on a twice-daily commute to Brighton - about 30mins each way, with at least 3 stretches where I can get to the National Speed limit speeds. They couldn't understand why the bonnet had not released far earlier (i.e. the day after the bonnet closure). esp. after their comment tha the "safety catch is not designed to withstand speeds in excess of 40mph!" - I asked them why not, they failed to respond! Precisely the point I made to you in my earlier posting.
It was actually funny talking to Ms Moxon, as she kept stating that the bonnet was on "safety-only", even though I repeatedly advised her that for this to happen, I would not only see it when entering the car (I walk to the car from the side), but seen and heard it whilst driving away -and it would have happened far sooner!! The poor girl is just repeating what she has been told to say, parrot fashion.
To reinforce the blantant incompetence of the RUK support teams, when i tried to talk to Ms Moxon about the 'technical' workings of the catch(es), she kept stating that she was not "technical enough to comment" and repeated stated "no comment" when discussing the root-cause (probably advised not too by her legal teams!!). I informed her that if she couldn't respond, she should get someone who could. Irritating but proof enough by my reckoning.
Prior to this conversation, she took the photographs of the bonnet and the initial dealer's report - as all the evidence she needed to make the statement that the bonnet catches weren't broken and were functional! Made me laugh that she could state this, but couldn't then go into the detail of what did cause the incident!
It was only after pursuing and when she replied to my letter to the MD & SQD, and I guess the pressure on her to deliver something, did they decide to have a technical inspection carried out. Ummm....(this added to the delay, as they then instructed the dealer to stop the repair work on the car! - thus, further delaying the receipt of my new car in the process. Ho-hum.....)
P.S. I've off for my holiday to Morocco for two-weeks from the EOW, so advised VOSA that I intend to follow-up with them upon my return (no pressure of course!)
So probably be my last post for a while!!