Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - new Espace 3.0 owner

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 18th April 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vDiag View Post
Parcel tray is found on ebay frequently.

Battery change on key is no problem.

IF for any reason it wont work on remote (PLIP) and the battery is good a resync is easy:
1. Both keys available, inside car with doors shut
2. press and hold the central locking button in the roof until doors lock and unlock
3. Now press first PLIP (doors will lock and unlock) press second PLIP (doors will lock and unlock)

Both Keys are now re-synced to the car. If still not working you have a fault.

Resync may also be required eventually as the system operates with rolling codes, and pressing the PLIP a total of 1000 times outside the range of the car will put the rolling codes out of sync.

The Espace 24v is a lovely car - enjoy it!

And yes.... the cambelt can be replaced without removing the engine, Renault has distributed a technical note on this, but i dont have it unfortenately.
But remember to get the spark plugs replaced aswell, 2-3 hrs job to do them with engine in car. They have 120.000km interval (same as belt) and should be renewed when belt is replaced, a fact that many dealers seems to forget.
Cant comment on rest of post but battery change in key should be exactly as vDiag has said!!!

I wear the trousers in our house

She just tells me what colour :D
Currently in zinx's garage:
1998 Grand Espace RXE Full Leather 2.2dt G8T
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome