Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Halfords.....

Thread: Halfords.....
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 1st June 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by OG
I'm a fan of Halfords to be honest. They are convenient, sell everything you want for the car and little'uns bikes, and when one of your wiperblades splits in the pouring rain you can pay them a quid to fit a new one rather than get wet.

Like anything you have to shop around on prices but I 'use' them.
The same here, and I've bought a ton of stuff off them in the past, including roof bars, cycle carriers and two of their own brand mountain bikes (which weren't that bad to be honest.)

They may not be cheap overall, but they occasionally have some cracking special offers. More importantly, they have a good range of stock and sensible 'modern' opening hours. I'll use the little 'Motormania' shop up the road out of preference if I reckon I'm after something they'll have in stock, but they shut at 5 so if I need something on the way home from work on a weekday night, then it's Halfords.

But having read what I have about their take on consumer rights, they'd be the last place I'd shop for ICE, sat-nav or other expensive electronic products. If I had no choice but to shop there for sat-nav, I'd insist on seeing it tested and working in my car before driving away.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome