Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - pics of damaged caused by clio bonnet catches

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 21st April 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by rampantreaper View Post
well done madnoel10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at last someone with a bit of
my stance on it is; most people slam there bonnets and walk off, they dont check whether its actually shut or not! slamming it too hard can make it bounce back up and not catch.
a lot of these cases and others are people trying to get others to pay for there own stupidity.
granted things break on cars that shouldnt but most things can be avoided by customer sense.
i have 3 renaults and yes they are a pain in th rear sometimes but so are lots of other makes of cars.
you dont buy a car, use it then service it and so on.
some maintenance is down to customers in between.

common sense i say
yes, but if you reference a couple of cases, where it happend after the car went in for servicing (i.e. the last person to "touch" the catches was a Renault mechanic - this really does indicated that it is not the user, but the design and construction of the mechanism.

If very POOR parts are used, you can maintain it as much as you like, but this doesn't stop the chances of them failing together! You will also find that you can maintain them too much, keep putting oil , WD40, or similar etc can just make it bung up with dirt and again, can actually increase the risk of the mechnaism failing!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome