Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Advice and Help Needed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Advice and Help Needed

I was in England over Easter and hired a car from Europcar from East Midlands Airport.

We collected the car at 11pm the thur night and the following morning I noticed the back right tyre was a bit soft so went to look for the spare wheel which was missing so I spent the weekend keeping the tyre firm. (pumped it about 4 times).

On bringing the car back it was checked over and I pointed out the tyre problem and showed the fella the empty spare wheel well. All was ok with him...he said car and tyre were fine.

Got the bill in the post and an extra charge of GBP170 was put on without explanation and when I rang I was told this was for bringing the car back with a soft tyre!!

I've rung and emailed Europcar to no avail and would like to know what other action I can take or is there some Body in the UK I can make a formal complaint to?

To say I'm not happy with Europcar is an understatement.....all they probably did was plug the was only a slow one.
Currently in renofan's garage:
1997 Laguna 1.8 8v RT Sport. Black. V6 Leather Interior. Wood Trim on Dash. Monroe Gas "Reflex" Shocks. Sport Springs. Sparco Strut Brace. Team Dynamics Sword Alloys. 6 Disc CD Changer. Tow Bar. Crystal side repeaters. Currently 183,000 miles done. Airflow spoiler, new '00 model headlights, backlights and DRLs waiting to be fitted....
  5 Lastest Threads by renofan
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Car cutting out Engines renofan 6 1469 29th September 2011 01:37 PM
Baffling non-start issue with my '97 1.8 RT Laguna Engines renofan 2 871 14th September 2011 08:52 AM
Is this a sensor issue? Engines renofan 3 1014 23rd February 2011 10:08 AM
Snapped a suspension spring. Steering and Suspension timddeb 9 3988 2nd January 2011 05:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome