Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Parts catalog

Thread: Parts catalog
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 23rd April 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
This thread seems very much focused as to why a Renault parts catalogue shouldn't be available.

Can anyone post some good reasons

It is also possible the illegal ones for sale are years out of date anyway
The one I got is the November 2008 one so not really that out of date.
As for your first sentence I don't really understand what your trying to say.

Originally Posted by RUK_Response View Post
Hi Rev1
I'm afraid we don't produce such a facility for public use as some expert knowledge is needed to intepret the diagrams and terminology used and we wouldn't have the resources to support the users.

Our dealer network have access to electronic parts diagrams and should be able to help with any enquiry.

Kind regards
Renault UK
lol they would say that but any one that knows a bit about anything can work out the exploded diagrams, yer there not going to be for every one but the people that will go out the way to get them (i.e me) can fully understand them. Renault have to say that so you have to go to them at 40 per hour to fix a problem that takes 10mins and a 13mm spanner (brain surgeon only get 50ish lol)
If the muppets at a derlership can work it out them you know any pritty switched on person that understands a bit about how cars work and that can use the system (easy) should get on fine
You have to understand 95% of people in cars have no idea how it all works that just get in a drive and if it goes wrong they take it somewhere to get it fixed or bodge it.
These are the type of people is is on about, and if they did try and use it that would not have a clue and so what, the other 5% that can use this system to do what they need with it will, just like me.

Originally Posted by selwonk View Post
Yep - and also completely illegal.
Well yer but so are a lot of things but people still do it. So your point is totally invalid.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome